This statement covers the services provided by Far Side Travels web site:
The Data Controller for this website is Tim Campbell. The purpose of this statement is to inform users of this website, which is managed by Far Side Travels, about the information that is collected from them when they visit this site, how this information is used, if it is disclosed and the ways in which we protect users' privacy.
Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and General Data Protection Act (GDPR) 2018
These acts establish rights for individuals whose personal data is processed by a third party. Any organisation which processes information about living individuals is a data controller for the purposes of the Act and must process personal data fairly and lawfully. Far Side Travels, as a data controller, is required by the Act to ensure that individual data subjects are aware of how their personal data is collected, how it may be used, the purpose/purposes for processing that data and to whom, if anybody, that data may be disclosed.
What information do we collect?
We will only collect personal information if you are subscribing to a newsletter or e-commerce section or using a secure environment in which case we may collect
· contact information including email address and phone number
· demographic information such as postcode,
· preferences and interests if relevant
· other information - customer surveys and/or offers if relevant
· comments, questions and feedback;
· site usage information - number of accesses, geolocation, time of access etc
How do we collect the information?
When you conduct a transaction (enquiry or contact form) on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
· To provide and operate the Services of our website;
· To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
· To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
· To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
· To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do we use, share, disclose your personal details?
Our company website is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
How will we communicate with you?
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
Cookies are pieces of data that are often created when you visit a website and are stored in the cookie directory of your own computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can set your browser not to accept cookies.
There are two areas within Far Side Travels where cookies may be created-
1. When entering the site for the first time this will generate a Tracking Monitor cookie, which is a private identifier that will be used to generate accurate tracking of the user throughout the site. This enables Far Side Travels to collect more accurate statistics of the web site usage which we use solely to make improvements to the layout of the site and to the information on it, based on the way that visitors navigate around it. We do not make any other use of this information, nor do we pass it on to any other organisation.
2. The second area where a cookie is activated is when registered users enter our pages, governed by the access and identity management system. This cookie will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed.
To see a full list of types of cookies click here
What happens when I link to another site?
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject, you have various rights under the Acts, including a right of access to any personal data being held about you by Far Side Travels as data controller. Far Side Travels will supply you with details of personal data we are holding about you if you submit a subject access request.
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at
Questions and contact information:
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com